DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AFFECTS 1 IN 4 WOMEN , DONATE TO HELP THEM
Join us to make a difference in the lives of our participants and their families.
Donate through the Allstate Foundation #PurplePurseChallenge fundraiser today.
- 24-hour hotline: The hotline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is staffed by Spanish/English speaking counselors.
- Support Groups: These groups provide a safe space in which formerly battered women and women who are currently in violent relationships can convene to share their experiences, offer support to each other in their healing processes.
- Information & Referrals: Information and referrals, are provided based on individual needs. In addition to helping women apply for crime victims’ compensation.
- Individual Counseling: We provide one-on-one support services to women dealing with domestic violence issues.
- Advocacy: Nuevo Amanecer’s advocates accompany and advocate on behalf of, and serve as interpreters at various institutions such as criminal courts, police precincts, hospitals and housing centers with the intent of empowering them to access services independently.
- Community Educational Presentations: Presentations are usually made to both parents and students at local schools, in community centers, and churches. In addition, Nuevo Amanecer has also developed mini-presentations that are given at local businesses.
- Brides’ March against Domestic Violence: The Nuevo Amanecer Program of the DWDC is a member of the New York Latinas Against Domestic Violence, a citywide event that organizes the Annual Brides’ March Against Domestic Violence in memory of Gladys Ricart and other victims of domestic violence every year on September 26.
NYC and Local
- New York State Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- New York State Office for the Prevention of Domestic Violence
- NYC Mayor’s Office to Combat Domestic Violence
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (NDVH): 1-800-787-3224
- Joe Torre Safe at Home Foundation
- Department of Justice: Office on Violence Against Women
- Family Advocacy Online
- Housing Link Online Resource Center
- National Resource center on Domestic Violence
- Women’s Health: Violence Against Women
Need immediate help?
Need confidential support and information?
Call our Hotline: 212-568-6616
|523 downloads||1.0||admin||05-07-2018 19:27|